Now that your baby has been born, there is no reason to hold onto the extra weight that came with the pregnancy! It is high time to cut the fat and get your body back in shape! Follow these 5 tips and get a head start today:
1. Eat right. Nutrition is critical in getting back into shape after a pregnancy. The rate of recovery depends on your healthy eating habits. Forget the junk food and the empty calories. They will do nothing for your body. It is better to opt for the good whole foods which are packed with nutrients and are filling at the same time. You get real value in these choices so make sure to stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables and a variety of whole grains and lots of nuts and legumes.
2. Breastfeed. Did you know that breastfeeding can help in burning up to 500 extra calories a day and up to 10 times faster than usual? Yes, it is a great way to handle the maternity weight plus it is definitely great for your newborn. As an added advantage, breastfeeding works to get your womb back in shape. Overall, it does wonders for the body of mother and baby so if you can do it, make the most of it!
3. Live an active lifestyle. If you are fit before the pregnancy, becoming fit again after will be way easier. The trick is in adopting a healthy and active lifestyle. Exercise is always good for the body. Looking great as a result of it is only a welcome bonus. Make it a point to incorporate physical activity into your day. It is up to you what kind pleases you. It can be walking, running, cycling, swimming, or you can even go to the gym. Just make sure you have done your postpartum checkup to determine what kind of activities work best for you.
4. Start weight training. Do not think weight training is only for men; in fact, this is one of the best things you can do to lose the baby weight. Get back in shape today and begin lifting those weights. There are a lot of benefits. For starters, it will burn the fat during lifting but also after, even if you are at rest. Because of this, you will become leaner more quickly, plus your body will be more toned and defined. You will definitely feel good about doing it because you will see results fast. Not only will you get back in shape, it will also be easy to stay in shape.
5. Think positive! You can achieve anything as long as you set your mind into it. Getting back into shape is not an impossible undertaking but you will need a positive attitude combined with a realistic attitude to get it done. Be patient with yourself as you start this journey. Remember, it will take time, just as it took time for your newborn to grow into your body. Do not rush and resist the urge to be frustrated if you think your body is not progressing as quick as you wish. Ample time is important for healthy recovery. Be open-minded and have a positive attitude and all your work will pay off.